Thursday, January 17, 2008

Funny Dose of Reality....

It's finally here! Our actual 10 year anniversary. Doesn't it seem like it should have come and gone already with all the celebrations of it we've already had? Nope, it's today. We are just half way done with our 10 dates for 10 years celebration and it has been one of the greatest ideas we have come up with. We've been having so much fun together!

This morning Jim left for work before I woke up and when I came down stairs I had this card leaning against a vase of a dozen long stemmed roses (not a bad start to the day, eh?). I thought the card was SO funny and way too steeped in reality that I had to share it. So, Here it is....


On the front is a cute little couple all smiles and happy in the doorway of their home. The top of the card says "Looks like we're in this thing together"
You open the card and it shows what's going on behind the front door. A huge mess and total chaos! At least the couple is still smiling. How true it is! Would anyone sign up for this if they knew this was on the other side of the door for them??? Okay, I guess I would... over and over again! So not exactly an anniversary card dripping with sappy sweetness but it made me laugh so it was perfect!

We are headed out this afternoon for an early dinner for Date 6 and then this weekend we will have the big celebration on date 7, which is one I'm really excited about!




2 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

I'm gonna have to run the whole date per year you've been married past my husband! I think I like this idea! We never go out, this would be a great thing!

Terry said...

I love the idea of the dates! I may run it by my hubby. We have a 25th anniversay coming...that's alot of dates! I think we would need to extend our "dating" past our actual anniversary:-) God Bless your 10th! Terry