Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Homesick but Encouraged!

Yesterday I spent a big chunk of time completing the Homesick video below. I was having so many problems putting it together as I'm just not naturally talented at anything that involves using a computer. It was so rewarding though as I received many emails from parents with stories of how it was really moving to see their child in it. My favorite was from someone that had a birthday yesterday and had talked to their daughter in Haiti and was really missing her and then received the video link. That alone makes it worth the hours of fighting with the computer program! My goal with the video is just to have something special for the many families that have waited much longer then anyone could have ever expected, as well as seeking to remind many people to see their faces and pray for the waiting families. Will you please pass on the video as well and ask for prayers? The link to the video on youtube is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGw1GBweP3Y

Yesterday was also a day of encouragement as Jeremiah 29:11 came up unexpectedly:

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Those who have been following our adoption know how exciting it is for me to be reminded of that verse and how special it is to me. It always appears unexpectedly when I really need encouragement or am about to receive news about the kids!

Lately I've been also "stumbling" across Jeremiah 29:12 and it's words are just as wonderful and encouraging as 11:

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Yesterday I unexpectedly came across both of them. So it was either God's way of really encouraging me yesterday or giving me a heads up that we have some adoption news brewing.

1 comment:

The Borlase Bunch said...

oh gosh- I pray it means you have some great adoption news coming!!! You deserve it!
Thanks for working so hard on the video!