Tuesday, October 09, 2007

And Spiraling Down Again...

I warned you all I'm on the adoption roller coaster where the emotions continue to go flying up and then back down, even a few loopty-loops! You could call me at any given moment and experience a different mood then the moment before or after. I'm like a box of chocolates (you know how the rest of that saying goes...and it aint sweet). In my defense I hold tightly to my very valid excuse that I AM paper pregnant with 5 children. Does this not entitle me to wild emotions, being exhausted often, and lets not forget the weight gain and food cravings... Oh, I think I'm entitled! :)

So my last post was all cheer and happiness so what brought on this vent fest? My HMO. Yes... here I go again... feel free to skip reading this all together if your sick of hearing it. My insurance STILL has not filled out my 2 minute form so that I can drive again. First it was held up for a month while the doctors all pointed fingers at each other telling me everyone but them was the doctor I need to see (I'm really quite nice to them, honest, no one wanted to deal with the insurance forms. I can't really blame them... I don't want to deal with it either!). After a month of that I called the insurance company and insisted they pick a doctor so that I could schedule an appointment and get on with it. Then several weeks wait for the appointment. Got approved to drive by the neurologist. Had to take the forms to insurance. Found out later on that what they said they would do immediately really ended up sitting on their desk for 3 weeks! Then they sent it to the neurologist to sign (making this way harder then it has to be). I tried again and again calling the insurance office to follow up and could never get an answer. Today I finally got through just to find out the insurance still has not received it back from the doctor so he has had it sitting on his desk for a few weeks now. I've had it. Nice Angela is gone and "This is totally ridiculous" Angela has taken her place. I now have a call in to the doctor. I'm so frustrated with them. I know to them it's just another piece of paper to take care of... to my family it is HUGE inconvenience EVERYDAY... Does anyone care about that... OH NO!!!

Can someone PLEASE give us some positive news already???!!!!!

Okay that turned in to way more of a vent fest then I intended. ;) It kind of felt good. Now I won't have to take it out on Jim or the kids (they thank you).

It's a new moment so it must be time for a new emotion: Tomorrow we have a HUGE surprise for our kids. I'm so excited about it. (Oh, yes, one person can have this many emotions at once). I'll have to wait to share what it is but we are going to have a super good time tomorrow as our kids are getting their Christmas gifts very early!

3 comments:

Becky Hinchley said...

Angela - I can totally relate to the huge inconvenience it is for a family not to have a mom that drives. I've been unable to drive since September 7th when I broke my elbow...and will remain unable to drive until the end of October...so two months in total. I know it is not as long as you have been unable to drive, but I'm sure you are sick and tired of begging neighbors and friends to give you rides places. My husband leaves the house at 6:00 a.m. and gets home anywhere between 7:30-9:30 every night. My girls have activities four to five nights a week...not to mention getting to Rochester which is 25 miles away to do my grocery shopping on the weekends (which my husband would gladly turn the duty over to one of my friends). Any way, I just wanted to let you know that you can always vent to me!!!

Becky :)

Lisa said...

Angela - I hear your frustration. I always feel better getting them out, like you have, and blogging is a perfect way to do that. Hope they get it straightened out for you very soon!

The Borlase Bunch said...

Oh- I hope you catch a break soon. Surely Satan is trying to knock your cheerful spirit around a bit.... but I have a feeling good news is coming your way- in the adoption front- and in the driving around front.... you deserve it!!
Hope you have fun at you know where today! And that your kids were so excited to be there!