Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bowling

Jim's Dad, Don/Papa, looking very smug and with good reason. He had just bowled 6 spares or strikes in a row beating us all by a long shot!
Jim's Mom, Marlene/Nana, was our cheerleader from a distance (I don't think she wanted anyone to know she was with us!) :)

Had this picture been taken about a second later it would have caught that this turn was a STRIKE! You will just have to take my word for it I guess. Way to go Jim


Johnny having fun. We all had a blast.
What a fun and busy week we have had. First the San Diego zoo then Thursday- Saturday morning Jim's parents have been visiting. We have such a good time with them. God's really blessed us with two sets of really great parents to us and grandparents to our kids! We always have lots of fun with them. After bowling we hit In & Out Burgers pretty hard (we were SO hungry!). Once we got home we had a couple hours of down time and then a great dinner of bbq'd steaks and salad (sure beats In & Out). After dinner we had some wonderful friends over and a very energetic game night began and went on until after midnight.
The game night ended on a bit of a bad note when the noise of one of our games died out and we heard our Johnny sobbing. Jim and I went to him to find out that his head was hurting and his "bones were shaking again". He was so upset. He said he was yelling and yelling for us but we couldn't hear him. I felt like a pretty crummy Mom. He was so scared and upset. I held him and rocked him but was inwardly so upset I was holding back the tears and thought I was going to be sick. I got so angry and frustrated to not know what was causing our little boy to feel this way or how to help him. He just looks so upset and scared when it happens and I can't stand it because I know the feeling from when I'm about to have a seizure and can't control it. It is just not NORMAL for a little boy to feel terrible and feel like his body is shaking and uncontrollable. There has to be SOMETHING someone can do!!!! I ended up praying and crying myself to sleep once we got Johnny to sleep. I begged God to please, please don't let our little boy feel the ways I have felt. I just can't sit by and watch him go through it. Now I ask you all again to please keep him in prayers! Thanks so much.
Okay, now we get to head out again for a good friends birthday party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!!!! (not to be confused with my Jim, our good friend Jim).
Must go. We've got more good times ahead today.
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!




No comments: