Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ADOPTION DECREES!!!!!!!!!

This morning I checked my emails to find that NLL had scanned and sent us copies of the adoption decrees for our children!!! It brought me to tears as I read the official certificates stating our children's name followed by OUR last name. We are so excited. It was final many months ago but we are just now seeing a copy of the decree for the first time.

Please continue to pray for our children to come home! We did notice a couple errors on the decrees. One was just the english translation had a wrong date on it (the official paper in French has the correct date that has happened) and it's for a date that hasn't happened yet, hmmm...Could that be a problem? We also noticed that they have the address on it that we lived at when we started the process, but that was almost 2 years ago! Will this end up being a problem or will it just be corrected later on? Anyone had any experience with this they could share?

We are off to celebrate at Disneyland. We were going today anyways but decided it would be fun to call it celebrating at Disneyland instead of just going to Disneyland. ;)

5 comments:

Dria said...

I'm so excited for you!! I've never quite understood how children can be officially "yours" and not get to come home. Lets just get on a plane and go get them!! I realize it doesn't work that way, but I wish it did. The system is messed up. I pray they come home soon!!

Hey, why don't you put one of those Pay Pal things on your blog so people can start donating as they feel led for the needs of the girls?? I saw that one someone else's blog. She was trying to "save up" money to adopt and had already raised up thousands from people giving a dollar here and a dollar there. I thought that was such a good idea. I'm going to suggest it to Ange as well. I've often wanted to send you something, but it seems so little but if it were combined with someone else's so little it could turn into a whole lot. What d'ya think??? Say yes!

danellejoy said...

Oh, I'm just so excited for you! I can't wait to hear when you're traveling!!!!!!!!
Blessings!

ange said...

WOO HOO, I am so excited that my nieces and nephew will be home IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE.

Dawn said...

WHOOOHOOOOOO! I have no idea about the answers to the paperwork (just that ours had an error that did need to be corrected) but I'm thrilled you finally have those papers!
d:D

Ericka said...

Oh my goodness, GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
Congratulations and have a great time at Disney!!!