Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hope For the Children of Haiti

The HFC kids are finding homes!! Praise God!! I've shared with any of you that has followed my blog for any length of time how much I love the boys and girls of HFC. I have been praying that these great kids (mostly teenagers) would find their families and am excited to say God is hearing and answering our prayers. It seems like every week I am hearing about several children that people have either started the process to adopt or are praying about adopting them. Just in the last month many children have found their families!!!

For anyone that wants to know more about these great kids you can read quite a bit about them (and see photo's and video's of my time with them) on this blog and you can also go to http://hfchaiti.org/ for more information. If God is not calling you to adoption of these teens could you please pray about possibly sponsoring one? Information about doing so is on their website. Some of the kids have already reached the age of 16 and no longer adoptable and HFC will see to it that these kids transition well from teens to adults in Haiti and will need to support of many people to do so. Please also continue to pray that God will lead these kid's families to them before their 16th birthdays. Thanks for your prayers and for celebrating with me as God answers our prayers and many lives are being changed FOREVER!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Angela,
This is WONDERFUL!! I have a request, would you consider setting up a separate blog or something where we could see the children easier? My heart is fully captured by these kids and I don't doubt that God would lead us this direction in the future. It would be nice to have somewhere to go to "see" the kids and maybe have little stories about them.

Do you know what I mean? I know you're certainly not busy (hahaha) so I'm sure you just love me suggesting more work for you. ;) However, I'd gladly link to it on my blog too! Anything to help get these kids into permanent homes. :D

d:)

Angela said...

I would be so excited to celebrate with you if God did lead you in this direction!! I would not want to do a seperate blog as the director that handles HFC adoptions is the same director that handles New Life link adoptions. He told a group of us that he does not post pictures and info of the kids because the idea of picking kids by their picture "leaves a bad taste in his mouth". Before I knew this I had posted all the boys and girls of HFC and what their situation is on this blog...gulp. :)
I do not feel the same way about the pictures (although I can understand why he feels that way) because it was while looking at a picture of Jacques that I heard God say to me (much to my surprise) "This is your son". I've also heard of many other people having the same experience that leads them to the adoption of their child. So I'm torn on my opinion of it and yet do not want to overstep my bounds.

So... Here are links to posts that I put on here not too long ago about the boys and girls of HFC:
The boys:
http://makefunofyourday.blogspot.com/2007/06/boy-young-men-of-hfc.html
and the girls:
http://makefunofyourday.blogspot.com/2007/06/girls-of-hfc.html

You can also read featured articles about many of the children from HFC's website.

I hope this helps and yet does not upset anyone either. :)

Joyfully,
Angela