Monday, August 06, 2007

Unplugged to Reconnect


This weekend I was saddened when I tried to make fun plans for our family but at least one of our kids would rather stay home and play on the computer or Playstation 2 instead. Once we went and did the plans the kids were glad we had done it. Then I realized this was not just a problem for the kids but I also spend WAY too much time on the computer that I could be doing something else with. We have been overdoing it since our summer break began and it is becoming too much of a habit.
So... Me and the boys are giving up the Playstation 2 and computer for this work week and making a list of things we could be doing together with that time instead. We are looking forward to a fun week together and when we come back to the computer and Playstation 2 we will have made a plan for limited times to use it. So this will be my last post on the blog until at least Saturday.... I'll let you know how our week of reconnecting goes then.
If anyone needs to reach me with an urgent question or concern you can send an email to my husband to pass on to me at gamesbyjames@sbcglobal.net or call me on my cell phone at 512-363-6820. My husband is exempt from this project as he has not fallen in to our bad habits. :)
I look forward to catching up with you all soon!
Much love, Angela

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Here! Here! Same problem over at our house. It's gotten to obsessive proportions and it's robbing us of a life. We are also trying to get WAY back on computer time.

I started thinking too, that our little girl will arrive here and think we're all a bunch of nuts - staring at screens all day long!