Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rollin' in the family Limo?

Soon we will need a vehicle that will hold at least our 10 family members and I would love to be able to take at least a couple more people in our vehicle as well for when we have company or the kids want to bring a friend somewhere with us. So our options had pretty much just been the 12-15 passenger vans. They tend to be fairly expensive, hard to find, and quite honestly... I don't exactly get excited about the idea of a great big van (sorry Ange, not to say the Schneider bus is not very cool!). I came across an add for a limo for sale and thought "Why not." At first it was just kind of a joke but has since become a fairly serious discussion of our future vehicle. It seats just as many but at least it seems to me that it would be a whole lot of fun! The more we look into it the more we feel it's actually pretty sensible. The mileage tends to be less then on the limo's then big vans and they are often way less expensive. For example the above photo is of a limo for sale for only $10K. As I began to think about it more I presented it to a large adoption chat group. While it mostly got some laughs and lot's of "Why not's" I also learned of other people who have used limo's for their large family vehicles and received an email from someone else that is shopping for one for their large family. Maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

Then yesterday someone sent me this link: http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/05/16/family-buys-limo-by-mistake/

I'm pretty sure word leaked out and they stole my idea but am unsure of how to prove it. :) Look out world: The next generation of family cars is no longer the van (mini or otherwise) but the Limo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be soooooo cool! And when we come visit you, we could get picked up from the airport by a limo......! I vote "go for it"!


Linda