Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Weekend Part II

This Mothers Day/Weekend was just too much joy to share to fit in just one blog. :)
I got this picture of Jacques first thing this morning (mother's day) and it is by far my favorite picture of my favorite teenager! This is the Jacques that I met... all sweet and smiles. I'm so glad I met him and know his personality and how a huge smile like this comes about. He is so unique and I'm convinced he could make millions of dollars in Hollywood with his smile. It starts off real sweet and slow and turns into this big beautiful smile! I was on the receiving end of so many of these beautiful smiles from him while in Haiti. He is such a sweetheart and I love him so much!
I do have a confession-- A couple days ago I tried to encourage other friends on a chat site that are also stuck waiting for our children to be encouraged and instead of allowing ourselves to be sad... to just be so joyful about the honor of God allowing us to be Mom's to the children we are waiting for. It was my full intention not to shed any tears and remind myself just of the joy. BOY AM I FULL OF IT!!! Don't listen to me...I have no clue what I'm talking about. :) I saw this picture of Jacques this morning and was so touched by it and missed him so much I nearly started crying then. I reminded myself that I wasn't going to "go there" today and got it together and got ready for church. Then at church there was a baby dedication. Okay, I was already weak because there is something about baby dedications at church that make me want to cry at everyone of them. I think it's because they are all about Lovenie's size and I'm reminded of her. So the crying and sniffling began during the baby dedication and then right after that the pastor had all of us mothers stand up and the congregation applauded us all. That would have been fine except he then began to pray for us all and made mention of all the Mom's that are not with their children today.... that is when I lost it. No more sniffling and dabbing at my eyes. It was unstoppable tears rolling down my cheeks as I quietly cried and my heart ached from the children I wanted to be with us so much! So, there it is... I didn't make it through the day without tears as I insisted I would do!
I did well and really enjoyed our family day together but there was the constant thought of wishing for our children in Haiti.
The waterworks happened again when we got home late tonight from the beach and I found that I had letters from the kids wishing me a happy mother's day. I of course was excited and touched by the letters from all of the kids but especially broke back into tears as I read my letter from Jacques. I would like to share it with you as it is so precious to me:
Dear Mom, Today is a special day. I'm very sad because I'm not with you to hug you, to go for a walk with you. ButI'm very happy to say Happy Mothers' Day to you. This is the first time that I can say that to anyone. Thank you for that. It's grace by you after God. Ilove you so much.God bless you, I wish you Happy Mothers' Day! Your sweet child, Jacques
What an incredible honor it is for me to be the receiver of Jacques having a Mother to finally wish a happy Mother's day to! God's so good! I have prayed many times today for the birth Mom's of Stephanie, Jude, Lovenie, and Vilner and also for the birth Mom of Jacques (even if we don't know who she is).
What a great love God has given me for all 8 of our children!!! I'm such a very blessed Mother!!

No comments: