Friday, December 21, 2007

The year of the perfect gifts!



WOW... I don't know what's gotten into everyone but I am getting seriously SPOILED with amazing gifts this year. My Mom emailed me recently that she was excited about finding the perfect anniversary gift for us. I was totally puzzled because not even I could think of what we really want or need (how blessed are we?) or what would be a great gift. My Mom told me that we could open it as soon as we receive it " if you want to". You know you don't have to ask me twice about ripping into an early present! So today I received a package and found this beautiful blanket in it with a picture from our wedding day and above it it says 10th Anniversary. I took this picture to share it but a little picture totally does not do this gorgeous big blanket justice! My only complaint is... It's so fantastic I don't know what to do with it! How do I display it? The kids are begging to curl up in it and I'm telling them No way because I feel very protective of it. How can I display it in a way it deserves? Anyone have any idea's? I'm leaning towards finding somewhere to hang it on the wall but can't even think of the best place for that. It's such a great gift that it's almost TOO good and I don't know what to do with it. ;) I guess that's a great problem to have.


I also accidentally received an early gift from Jim. I say accidentally because a package came while he was out of town and I thought it was from a relative for the kids for Christmas so I opened it up and knew right away it was for me. At first I thought it was from my Mother In law because I went shopping with her and my Sister in law after Thanksgiving and came across this very gift and made mention of wanting one. It turns out Jim was the one that bought it and had it sent to our home and thought he would be back from his trip before it arrived. His Mom and sister didn't tell him that I mentioned wanting it he just picked it out on his own. How cool is that? And he searched for one in my favorite color no less (blue). For anyone wondering what it was it was one of those soft electric throw blankets. I get cold easy and love to curl up in a blanket plus I hurt a lot from my problems with my neck and spine so this is like curling up in a warm soft giant heating pad. I LOVE IT.


And then there is the Necklace... there just are no words for the sentimental value of that necklace.


WOW I'M SPOILED and totally feeling loved!

1 comment:

Dria said...

This is the most amazing gift!! I am really speechless which is another amazing gift!!

Could you put it up with a rod curtain holder?