Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I-600's Have Arrived!

As if as a gift for Jude's birthday- yesterday we received our I-600 approval letters for each of the kids. I knew it had been approved so was watching the mailbox but of course it was not sent out as soon as they said so it just got here on his birthday. How cool is that?!

We also read the great news that one of my best friends got news that her 3 daughters all have passports and they will be ready to travel soon. HUGE WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Our kids files are right behind them and I'm hopeful that they will go through these last steps as quickly as my friends and it will not be much longer!

Lastly, I hold a perfect record: I've officially cried on every missed birthday of our kids in Haiti. Last night I read some heartbreaking news just moments before Jim walked through the door and cried buckets of tears. Jim had checked the mail on his way home and so walked through the door with our I-600 and expecting a celebration. The news we learned of was just beyond too upsetting to allow for excitement over these pieces of paper, but we are so relieved and grateful to have them.

No comments: