Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy 10th birthday to our precious Jude!

Here it is... another missed birthday and sadly we were not with him when Jude hit the double digit birthday. This is the first of the kids missed birthdays that I have not cried yet. I think it helps to really truly believe that it will be the last ever birthday to not have with him! Then again the day is not over yet....still time for something to make me cry. I wish so much that I could wrap my arms around our precious son just like in the picture. I can't believe God would bless us with this amazing boy as our son. He is as sunshine as it gets! Almost constantly laughing and smiling. He's going to bring SO MUCH joy to this family and I can't wait for the rest of his family to meet him!

I made an attempt to call him to wish him a happy birthday. We had such a hard time communicating over the phone with Stephanie on her birthday so I was unsure if I should try again until I got an email from Kez telling me that she talked to Jude and he asked for our phone number. I don't think that he would be able to call me and knew that if our little boy wanted to hear from us...we most certainly would call him on his birthday! I was really looking forward to talking to both him and Jacques. I had even hoped Jacques would translate for me and Jude. It was going to be so fun to surprise them....except I was the one to be surprised. For some reason the boys phone was at the girls house so I never did get to talk with the boys. When they heard that it was me on the phone they got Stephanie for me. I got to tell our princess that I love and miss her! I wasn't expecting to be able to do that. She asked to talk with her brothers and Kyle and Johnny took turns exchanging Hello and I love you's with her in Creole and English. Then she asked to speak to her Dad and hopefully she understood when I explained that he was at work. Once again she asked me when we were going to come for her and once again I had no answer for her and not sure how to explain to her in a way that she can understand that we have to wait. It makes me so sad. I just pray it does not leave her disappointed and confused. One day I'll be able to explain it to her and this wait will be a distant memory.

Last birthday without Stephanie, Jude, and Lovenie!!!! Our Jude is now a big 10 year old, and God has blessed our family with lots of amazing children.

No comments: