Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome Back Reality!


It's Monday and life has turned back to our crazy "normal". Jim's vacation has ended and he is back at work. The kids started up school again today which means my day has been filled with teaching, packing, and cleaning. Our vacation time was anything but relaxing but we got a lot done and I'm sure we will be so grateful for this huge head start when it's time to move.
Since I'm rarely a big fan of reality I'll leave you with some great quotes from one of our favorite superheros~ The Tick:
*And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.
*I'm about to write you a reality check. Or would you prefer the cold, hard cash of truth?
*Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy.
*Eating kittens is just plain... plain wrong! And no-one should do it, ever!
*Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.
*I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.
*Yes, my slimy friend, once again slime does not pay. You can't just coat yourself with artificial mucous and slip through the long fingers of the law. It's wrong and it's gross.
*You know, Arthur, when you spend two months riding around on a really big man, you start to learn a few things about yourself. You learn that it is a really great thing to stay on Earth and live in a place that has no arms or legs of its own. And most importantly, Arthur, you learn how to close your eyes and tell yourself that this just isn't happening to me.
*You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!
*That doesn't seem possible. It is. I saw it in a movie once.
*In love, there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. The right way is to take someone to a movie. The wrong way is to take someone from a movie. Because kidnapping is just plain wrong!
And for Jim:
Oh, science... boring... interest... fading...

No comments: