Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Miracles continue

Lovenie giving a high five to Kez... A high five!!!

Hinting at one of those smiles


Look at the wide open eyes!


Yesterday my friend Kez started off our day so beautifully. She shared these pictures and information about our little Lovenie. The first picture is of Lovenie giving Kez a high five. I can't believe it!!! When I was in Haiti the last time I could never have imagined or hoped that Lovenie would be able to think through or physically be able to give someone a high five! I love getting pictures of her smiling as it was something she just didn't do (or wasn't able to do) for the last couple of years. According to Kez Lovenie is trying to talk but the word are all jibberish (but she is trying to talk!!!!). As Kez was getting ready to leave Haiti she heard a voice yelling "Hey, Hey" to her. She turned and in great surprise learned those words were coming from Lovenie who wanted to make sure Kez came to her for goodbyes also. Kez also told me that she's pretty sure she heard Lovenie say Mama a couple times. This of course is totally precious to me. This is the only thing she said to me over and over again when I was in Haiti. Our little girl is starting to talk. I can't even begin to imagine how many more miracles we will see God work in her over time. What a great gift--- thank you so much Kez!


On the homefront- The last couple of days have been pretty great for our family. Everyone is feeling well, the exams for the home study went great, and it looks very likely that we will be moving into the home we are most excited about. The paperwork is being done for it at the moment but it is looking good and we should have a more definate answer in the next couple of days.




3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

You can see in her eyes she is thinking about giving the five.... she is so precious- what a blessing that little girl is- and what huge strides- wowie!

Can't wait to hear about your new house!

Anonymous said...

Angela,

That isn't a hint of a smile... it is a real live smile! I can't believe how much improvement we are witnessing. And, while I know you want your babies home. Isn't it cool that we saw the improvement before Lovenie was able to see the doctor and begin therapy. You will always know her changes were brought about by the Great Physician ~

Sarah and Tim said...

As an occupational therapist, I have to tell you this is so awesome! This is a huge step!!! Good for her!