Friday, September 14, 2007

Youth making a difference

One of the things I really wish I would have done differently in my life is to have spent my late teens and early 20's serving God and touching the lifes of others. That is why I get so excited to see other people in that age range that do care about more then themselves and what party they will go to. It is a tough age and so easy to get sucked in to selfishness and unproductiveness. I've had the honor of recently getting to know some people in this age range that are making a difference and I admire them so much.

One is my friend Kez and you can view her blog at http://myhaitiankids.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I received an email from a friend about a 20 year old making a big difference in Haiti. If you have a couple minutes please take a moment to read about his efforts as well as watching a great video regarding Haiti. The link to this article and video is:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/09/11/jackson.heroes/index.html

2 comments:

Keziah said...

I haven't been called a "youth" in a while...guess that's what happens when you only work with people who are younger than you...thanks!

Ericka said...

Angela,
That's so weird, I've thought the SAME thing!!!! I wish I 'got it' earlier in life too. I too, am amazed when the 'younger crowd' 'gets it' at a young age (like Kez and Rachel and Arielle, etc).
You and I are just too alike :)