Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You've come a long way Baby!

We got news yesterday on the adoptions but it is news I was not happy to get so I'm just going to skip that update and will share when we get some GOOD news! Meanwhile, on the home front...
I posted a while back that Luke surprised us by starting to read things on his own when he was only 3. Right after he turned 4 he was showing so much interest I decided to start him on the Hooked on Phonics program. I thought I would update how that is coming along. He's doing great and we are so proud of him! He reads naturally and effortlessly and constantly continues to surprise us with how well he reads and writes.



This is from this morning as Luke shows off the book he just finished reading with no problems at all~ first try!

The cover~ The story is Slam and Dunk Go to the Moon. It is a sixteen page book and he read it all in a few minutes.

Way to go Luke! Keep up the great work. Your family is so proud of you!!!


Tomorrow is Free day at the San Diego zoo. Remember when I posted my controversial post last year making it public knowledge that I REALLY don't like to go to zoos? (I know, terrible, isn't it?). We are still debating today if we should make it a special father and son day for Jim and Kyle or if we should go as a family. I'm strongly leaning towards staying home with Johnny and Luke (since they got bored quickly last year too). We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take them --- I LOVE zoos!!!

Linda

Amanda said...

Yay for your reader! My lil Sis has learned how to read this year too and she's quite happy with her progress :~)