Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A very sweet family tree

This weekend was the 60th anniversary party for my Grandparents. The above is what I thought was one of the neatest gifts I've ever seen. My Aunt and cousin ordered this family tree picture online. In the upper left hand corner is our family with all 8 of our children listed after our names (if you click on the picture it will enlarge it and you can see it). It was so touching to read that they had included Jacques, Stephanie, Jude, Lovenie, and Vilner. It was an outdoor party and I was grateful to be wearing sunglasses because I teared up right away. I went over and hugged my cousin and thanked her for including our children that are not home with us also. Her response was "Of course, they are our family." I was so moved by such thoughtfulness that I had to retreat to my parents nearby RV where I sat in the bathroom and had a really big cry. We really believed that Stephanie, Jude, and Lovenie would be home and at that party with us. Also with Lovenie's birthday just 2 days away-- I was hit with a flood of emotions.

I know God has a great purpose for the wait, but it is still very difficult. This was such a beautiful gesture by our family to let us know that they love all of our kids the way that we do!

No comments: