Friday, June 22, 2007

June update from Haiti!

Our precious children in Haiti: Jacques (15), Stephanie (11), Lovenie (now 3), and Jude (9).
Once a month most waiting adoptive parents get an update photo of their children. For most of us it's a day we anxiously wait for. For us it has become very bittersweet: While we alway cherish pictures of our darling children we are also always so concerned for Lovenie when we see them. Looking at the picture you can see why. For those of you new to my blog Lovenie had a stroke at just 10 months old and we do not know what caused it. Seeing pictures of her like this, obviously not doing well, and being thousands of miles away, we get frusterated that she didn't come home sooner and that precious time is slipping away that we could be getting her health care. In this update she finally hit 20lbs at 3 years old. This is only 3 pounds more then she was more then almost 2 years ago. When Jim saw this photo of them from work he called me and asked me (since I have met Lovenie) if the pictures of her just make her look really unhealthy or if her condition really is that bad. I was sad to report that this is really how her condition is. She does not speak, cry, smile, laugh and when you look into her eyes it seems like a real blankness. Lovenie is so precious to us and we love her very much. Please continue to keep all our kids in prayer but please say a special prayer for Lovenie's health.
Jacques- If you are reading this then I want you to know that I'm going to have to talk to you when I get to Haiti about sending us your bel souri (beautiful smile)!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Angela,
Praying for you. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to watch your sweet baby struggling.
dawnz

Ericka said...

Oh Angela. I'm so sorry, I know once she gets into your home, she will just thrive, but this is hard, I know.
I'm sorry I haven't responded to your email (it meant so much to me, I'm having a hard time responding).
Just know this, you are welcome to send me a note about ANYTHING. ANYTIME.
Love you and am praying for your babies - All of them!!!!

Anonymous said...

[bel souri] I think it must be a teenage thing. They would much rather look "cool" than happy. I don't know who said this to my daughter, but it seems to have worked wonders. "Always wear a happy face ~ you never know who might be falling in love with you smile..."

One more week...