Saturday, June 21, 2008

Soak City

Yesterday (first day of summer and the happiest day of the year) was a record setting 108 degrees at our home so we decided to escape to Soak City Water park (part of Knotts Berry Farm). It was just a chilly 99 degrees there so we felt we had really beat the system. We had such a fun family day together and thought it was the perfect way to bring in summer.
The day had just a few mishaps: I felt bad when I took Luke down the very first slide thinking it wasn't a scary one and it was more then I expected. Poor thing was scared away from the water slides for the rest of the day but there was plenty of other things for him to do. Also, I was wearing an old pair of sandals that decided to just totally fall apart. I could not walk without them because the ground was so crazy hot so I found myself facing a decision~ I could stay put and allow Jim to pick out shoes for me at the shop (Oh dear) or find a way to get there myself. So I ripped the rest of the material off the top of my shoes, wrapped the material around the sole of the shoe and across the top of my foot and we laughed all the way to the shop. Today Jim and I are nursing some sunburns (even though we applied sunblock a couple of times). Overall we had a fantastic time and it was well worth it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Wow! That's my kind of place! I love water parks! We had some fun weekend times, too. I've had that happen with sunblock, too. We're all very fair around here.


I laminated the crib pictures today at church for free, so I'm shipping tomorrow :~)

Have a great week!