Thursday, February 12, 2009

You're My Mom, Mama

Around lunch time I hear this question again and again "What are you making for lunch Mom?". Today I turned it around on Jude and asked him "What are YOU making ME for lunch today?". This verbal tennis match went back and forth for a while until I playfully asked him "What makes you think I'll be making you lunch today?". His response was to sweetly respond with "Because you are my Mom, Mama." There is something extra sweet about an adopted child so matter of factly referring to you as Mama. He wins~ I'm headed to make this darling lunch!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

MELT LIKE A STICK OF BUTTER.

That's what'd I do. Then I'd be, "Whatever you want...you need olive garden? mcdonald's? pizza? can i serve you pb & j on a silver platter????

:~P