Saturday, February 14, 2009

A History Of Kisses

Happy Valentines Day!

Last night all the kids were tucked away in their beds and Jim and I had a movie ready to watch (this is what we call a date night now that we have six kids!). Jim left the room to get an early present for me. I had mentioned wishing we had some chocolate while watching our movie (wink, wink) so Jim returned to the room and threw a few Hershey kisses at me. At first it startled me but I thought he was just tossing some to me. Then he threw a handful more. THEN he poured the entire open bag over my head and told me he was showering me with kisses. ;) I laughed and laughed and laughed. It was so unexpected and chocolate kisses were now all over me, the couch, and the floor. He's so much fun! Several years ago I had done something similar to him~ When he got home from work I had a bag of Hershey's kisses rolled up in the bottom of my sweatshirt. As he turned around he heard a strange quiet sound. He looked kind of puzzled but turned back around and continued walking. He heard the sound a couple times more when he turned back around to find out what was going on. It was then that he noticed a trail of Hershey kisses following where he had walked. He stood there for a second before it registered to him that I was "kissing the ground he walks on". Once he figured out what I was doing it became a game. He started jumping from one place to another while I threw handfuls of kisses to each place he had been. Then he took off running upstairs and all around the house while I chased him covering the ground as we went. Of course it made a huge mess but we laughed and laughed so it was totally worth it. So we thank you Hershey's for making a way for us to kiss the ground the other walks on and to shower our loved one in kisses!

May your Valentines Day be Sweet!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awwwww :~) hope you found all of the kisses....would be a scandalous shame to waste any!!! glad your v-day was special!