Friday, March 06, 2009

A Licorice Cowboy


I guess since my first name ends with La and my Last name starts with La, perhaps I was destined to check out into "LaLa" land from time to time. That time has come again. Above is proof! Eating ropes of licorice turned into creating a licorice cowboy. Do I have better things to do with my time~ Oh yes. Is there much more pressing things that need my attention~ Oh yes! However, a licorice cowboy made me laugh and THAT is exactly what I'm needing these days.
Yesterday was one of the lowest points of our post adoption experience, really one of our lowest points ever. Heartbreaking situations and information was brought to light that my head (and stomach) is still on spin cycle from it all. Please do keep praying for our precious children who need healing of so many hurts. It brings thought back to the fact that there are very real people living in very real pain all around us. Please pray also that our family would be spilling over with love for each other, that God would protect each family member, and give us "new to this all" parents lots and lots of wisdom (oh, yes.. and strength!).
On a positive note~ There have been many opportunities for conversations about God's forgiveness lately. We have also talked a lot about the beauty of everyday being new and fresh. A whole new chance at a new life and making good decisions. It really is amazing, isn't it? Yesterday I felt nearly paralyzed with sadness, fear, distress, you name it. Today the circumstances are the same and yet my heart feels glad(ish). I laughed, did school with the kids, and have found comfort in a God who is always ready to offer comfort. BEAUTIFUL! Thank you God for the brand new fresh day and for Licorice Cowboys.
UPDATED~ Now singing~
Licorice Cowboy 1 "I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy."
Licorice Cowboy 2 "I see by your outfit you are a cowboy too."
Together "We see by our outfits that we are both cowboys."
Singing together to us all "If you get an outfit you can be a cowboy too"
Oh LaLa land can be so nice.

2 comments:

The Haiti Lady said...

We are here for ya, if ya ever need to talk, just holler!
Love ya,
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

lol! LaLa is a good nickname for you!

And I loved the cowboys :-)

Linda