Sunday, January 28, 2007

Carrie-isms/Friendships

Thank you God for friends! I have a friend Carrie that I always call when times get tough. She's just a joy and a crack up.

Here are some of my favorite recent examples of Carrie-isms:

One day I called Carrie in tears because I felt very humiliated. I had been to an occupational therapy appointment and started having a seizure on the massage table. The nurse that was with me swung open the privacy curtains and called for help and I'm pretty sure everyone that was working that day was squeezed into my little cubbie. They also left the curtains open so that everyone in the PT gym stopped what they were doing while around 40 strangers watched me convulse! After the appointment I called Carrie in tears and while sharing the story with her she had some crazy thoughts going on in her cute head. She pictured me on a massage table having those seizures, thought about how most people on massage tables are not wearing anything and as soon as I was done telling her my saga she asked me "Where you naked"? That made me laugh and I reasured her that during OT I keep my clothes on. Now whenever something goes wrong we tell each other "It could be worse..you could have been naked!"

Recently I told her about my frustrations about having to wait so long to complete our adoption and that I know longer believed they were really coming home (frusterated sarcasm) and she asked me if I thought when they were finally ready to come home if I would need to adopt their spouses and children as well. Cracked me up again!

Today she asked me if I knew what they call a woman with a tubal ligation and a man with a vasectomy. The answer was: parents!

No matter the problem she's always able to make me laugh and suddenly problems end with "At least I wasn't naked" tacked to the end of it.

Thank you God for friends!!

TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE: 1 Corinthians 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,
5
it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
6
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
7
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: